- Larry gave a brief summary on the Long Beach Coin Show
- Larry gave an update on option trading, currently up $15,542 in closed trades in 2 months. With these results, he's thinking of starting to live trade now instead of waiting for the 3 month testing to be finished
- Larry went through charts on forex and stocks showing how he builds his watch list on the stocks he's looking at trading
- Larry gave insight on how he's been using the Alma line to help his trading results and increase his win percentage
- Tom has been working on the bottom indicators to help his entries
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/289200489
- Tom and Larry discuss using Alma differently
- Larry discusses stock option trading success
- Larry shows how he'll move from a demo to a live account
- Video link: no recording is available for this meeting
- The usual announcements and updates up front
- One of our members, Susan, shared with us her 4hr/daily strategy
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/278991450
- No recording available - we were on hiatus
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/272499284
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/264003376
- Larry discussed why we use FXPro (to help with 4X futures); housekeeping; Larry's making a new template (4xLA...B for winter versions for various country time changes), send a request to Larry for new templates;
- Larry showed some current setups that may be developing and what he looks for in terms of indicator setups to enter trades;
- Larry shared what he looks for in a trading computer;
- Larry went over his and Tom's options trading and how they're doing; shared some of his trades and how he's progressing.
- Tom showed how his newly-purchased indicator is working on his new computer.
- Larry discussed how to setup the trading session boxes
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/259618111
February 11 2017:
- Housekeeping, , recent trades; We also discussed a (another) new indicator Tom has found; the melt down on the stock market and how you could have anticipated it as well as what could have been done; and trades we've taken since the last meeting.
- Video link: http://vimeo.com/257434333
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/252653742
December 10, 2017
Update for 4X Los Angeles and general housekeeping
- Larry talked ACD and how trading can be profitable. He showed trades he's taken and trade setups from our weekly chart readings to show how he chooses trades and looks at entries, stops and exits.
- Tom shared an update on some indicators he has recently found and showed how he uses the forex alma to trade.
- Last half: Tom and Larry will be looked for potential trades especially around the 6:30pm PST turnaround time.
- Video links (No recordings available):
November 8, 2017:
- No recording available
October 8, 2017:
September 10, 2017:
- Larry reviewed the trades he's taken over the prior 30 days; Deb showed how to setup MetaTrader to send email alerts.
- Tom talked about a simple setup with indicators and what he looks for to enter a trade.
August 10, 2017:
- Larry has resigned from his J.O.B. (Just Over Broke, ie job) and is going to trade full time so he talked extensively about the method he'll be using - and the one he's been using for several years.
- Larry talked about the setup of the indicators and what he looks for to enter a trade. Tom joined in a bit later and helped elaborate on some of the best trades on the charts.
July 9 , 2017:
- Larry talked about how, going forward, the monthly meetings are going to change with a goal of getting everyone trading by the end of the year. He also talked about how to purchase and use silver coins instead of gold coins in case of a disaster. Tom talked about how/where to purchase silver coins. Deb gave Larry a test using the MT4 Strategy Tester and Larry took a couple trades in front of everyone.
- Later, Tom talked about his candlestick patterns and updated what he looks for when he looks at charts.
June 18, 2017:
- Larry talked extensively about Dick's favorite trading system - the ACD trade. Larry looked at some charts from the last few weeks to see if ACD is real and if you can make a living trading this system.
- Tom talked about his candlestick patterns and updated what he looks for when he looks at charts.
May 21, 2017:
- Larry held his last and final discussion on his Turtle Trader live account results
- Tom showed us a couple new indicators that he thinks have great promise
- Robert Showed us more more backtesting results on his latest Expert Advisor
April video: we had to cancel our monthly meeting so there was no recording.
March 12, 2017:
- Larry showed more positive progress on his managed forex account with FX Turtle Traders
- Larry showed us more detail on our 4XLA method
- Tom showed us a variation of his latest template
- Robert Showed us more on his Bubble HeatMap indicator and backtesting results on his latest Expert Advisor
February 12, 2017:
- Larry showed more positive progress on his managed forex account with FX Turtle Traders: https://vimeo.com/203943921
- Our special guest speaker was Vernon Baptiste who spoke on tax information important to us traders: https://vimeo.com/203943770
January 15, 2017:
- Larry showed more positive progress on his managed forex account with FX Turtle Traders; showed us the ACD indicator and how to use it. He also showed us how adding a certain EMA to the chart might help filter out some trades.
- Deb talked about an analysis she did on the GBPUSD using ACD and this new EMA.
- Robert showed us the performance of his ACD EA.
- Tom showed us a tiny mod he made to his Clarity template and goes into detail about how to use it.
December 13, 2016: Larry showed the positive progress on his managed forex account with FX Turtle Traders. Deb intro'd a "! Too Simple template" showing price crossing Triggerlines and a new indicator named ColorTrend (all indicators are on our Meetup.com website). Then Tom took her template and added his "roid" take on it. Then Fred showed us a review of how he uses Dean Malone's Traders' Dynamic Index (TDI). It was a jam-packed session!
November 13, 2016: Richard from FXTurtleTrader presented their managed account offering. Then, unfortunately, our internet connection went down.
Sorry, no video link.
October video: we had a memorial service for our own Dick Schmidt so nothing was recorded.
September 11, 2016: Crypto currencies; bubbles, penetrators, and SupDems; Larry's Trade Priorities, Tom's latest indicator setup.https://vimeo.com/182647242#t=0s
August 14, 2016. The meeting featured Deb, who showed us how to get any timeframe in MetaTrader, Ricardo, who showed us his proprietary volume indicator, and Tom, who showed us his 1-minute method.
July 10, 2016. The meeting featured a guest speaker, who shared with us some of his trading ideas and money management techniques. Mr. Kirti is originally from India, but now leads a trading group in Atlanta. He demonstrated how using a simple trading style can lead to significant profits when combined with a conservative money management plan. We also heard from Brandon about several indicators he has reworked and from Dick who featured using the Bubble Cross.
June 12th, 2016. The meeting featured long time member Ricardo, who is a Forex broker, talking about the current state of the market and what we can expect in the future for Forex trading in the U.S. We also heard from Tom Rogers about the new chart pattern he has identified, the "Australian Boomerang Sandwich"! An interesting and profitable chart formation that has proven itself as a profitable addition to our trading.
Our May 15th meeting featured a guest speaker, E. J. Lashlee, who presented a fascinating and detailed look at setting up and using trusts for asset and privacy protection. Most people think of trusts as only for the rich, but they are available to everyone who has assets (homes, cars, bank accounts etc) to protect. Though not directly related to FOREX trading, we felt that this subject was so important that we devoted the entire meeting to it. No sense making money trading if we can’t protect it.
April 10, 2016 live meeting featured a presentation on estate planning. We also covered updates on Robert Hill's Expert Advisor and a variety of trading concepts useful for beginners as well as experienced traders.
Our second live meeting of the year was March 13, 2016. Due to scheduling conflicts, we did not have a live meeting in February. Our march meeting featured Robert Hill talking about his new Expert Advisor and his use of the ACD concept. Brandon showed us some new indicators he has optimized for us.
Our January 2016 live meeting featured Larry Velardi presenting a review of our most recent templates, featuring the Golden Steer and Bubble Bands templates. This is our most recent and most accurate look at the markets yet. Tom Rogers gives us a look into some of the newest indicators he has discovered that show promise for the future.
Our December, 2015 meeting, we heard from several speakers, including Deb Donohoe, Robert Hill and Dick Schmidt about various items that were holdovers from past meetings. This included Robert's report on his EA. In all a great wrap up of the year and a perfect way to get ready for 2016.
Live meeting from November 2015. A number of speakers in this meeting. We heard
from Robert Hill on the progress of his new trading robot and Brandon on how his mega
heat map and other indicators were progressing. Our featured speaker was Frank Diaz,
who talked about the mindset of a professional trader. Frank has been an active trader
for more than 10 years, and has valuable insights to share.
Live meeting, October 9th, 2015.
The meeting kicked off with Dick Schmidt leading the assembled multitudes in some practice trading. Dick also announced plans to hold some training classes at his home for those who were having a hard time getting up and going. Dick plans to show and teach a very simple approach to trading that should help new members get started. In a related announcement, Larry and Dick are going to do an introductory to 4X-LA video to help newcomers.
The majority of the meeting was hearing from our programming guru, Robert Hill, on the progress and plans for the future of his Bubbles EA. Robert demonstrated an early version of the EA and showed how it can be tailored to each time frame and pair. When this is up and going it should be a great addition to our trading arsenal, as it can run without supervision.
Our live meeting from Sept 20, 2015.
This meeting was a little different. Our resident engineer Deb Donohoe and Strategy Tester master picked some random charts from the recent past and put them up on the Strategy Tester. Then Dick, Larry, Tom and Fred Macintosh called trades as they were happening based on what they saw on the chart. If you want to watch traders who are successfully trading every day analyze a chart, this is for you. Dick looked at a 5 minute chart, of course, but Larry used an one hour chart to great effect. This is how it’s done using our standard trading templates.
Live Meeting from August 9th, 2015
The meeting starts off with Dick Schmidt showing a presentation about the retail side of the current Forex market. Retail meaning us, the smaller traders without the word Bank in our name. He showed the growing impact retail traders are having on the market and debunks several myths about the success of smaller Forex traders, including showing that as many as 30-40% of them are profitable and why Asia is fast replacing London as the most active session.
The rest of the meeting was a fascinating look at Tom Rogers' latest take on his Trifecta trading template. By adding a version of Bollinger Bands in place of the iReg bands, Tom has developed a money maker that will take your breath away. The first week he used it, Dick Schmidt made over 1000 pips (OK, he would have done well no matter what he used, but it sure sounds impressive doesn’t it?). Check out the presentation and download the template from our website. Tom also showed some new indicators he is working with that show some promise for the future.
Our live meeting from July 14th, 2015
The meeting features Dick Schmidt talking about his top ten trading setups. Dick looks at the most reliable and profitable trades, including a new insight from Tom Rogers on the Penetrator trades. Dick tries to show you how to relax and let the best trade setups happen. Showing chart examples of all ten trades, he encourages members to find their own favorite setups and then let the market flow build your account.
We also hear from Brandon about how to utilize multi-time frame indicators in the Strategy Tester. For those who want to test such indicators, this is the only reliable way to make them work.
We close with Tom reviewing his most recent template and using it to analyze some recent trades. A simple to use but powerful trading methodology.
Our live meeting from June 14, 2015. Deb Donohoe started the meeting with a discussion on how to use the Strategy Tester with the current build of MT4. This is no longer as easy as it used to be. We then featured looks at trading setups from Fred Macintosh, who uses a complex but very effective set of templates to analyze the markets and make trades. Fred reviewed the indicators he uses and how they function together.
We also featured a new and simple, yet very powerful, setup from our Template Guru, Tom Rogers. Nicknamed Tom’s Trifecta (it originally used only three indicators), this has proved to be one of the most powerful trading templates we have developed, with many trades approaching 90% accuracy. Tom talked about how he uses this on longer term timeframes and Dick Schmidt talks about using it on 5 and 15 minute charts.
UPDATE: we had a problem with the original videos not showing the pointers on the charts. This has now been corrected (Thanks Paul) and the videos below show entire meeting, pointers and all.
Our live meeting from May 17th, 2015. We heard from Dick Schmidt and Larry Velardi about Larry’s newest trade signal, the Velardi Penetrator! Dick and Larry showed exactly how this 80%+ signal works and how to find it (easy peasy stuff) and Dick reported on a week’s workout of the signal.
In the second half of the meeting, Brandon showed us his Trade Simulator, which enables a user to easily look at a few weeks trades in a matter of a couple of hours. Great for testing new ideas and also a wonderful resource for new traders trying to gain experience and get started in live trading. We also heard from our master programmer, Robert Hill, AKA Mr. Pip. He showed us some work he has in progress using heat maps that will soon be available to our members.
A meeting that combines current trading techniques, practice and testing plus a look into the future.
Live meeting from April 12th, 2015. Dick Schmidt talks about setting stops and targets as well as basic money management skills. Brandon introduces a couple of new indicators he has created: a two color moving average used to confirm entries on bubbles and a non-repainting version of the Bubbles indicator. We also introduce Larry new observation, the Velardi Penetrator, which is pointing out trades at a high rate of speed. Meeting is broken into two recordings this month.
Our live meeting from March 8th, 2015. Featured speaker was Dick Schmidt, who reviewed all of the recent templates that the 4X-LA group has developed in the past few months. Starting with Tom's Simple System, Dick shows how each new template related to the previous ones and the natural progression of ideas that leads up to our current methods. Dick also showed his new trading toy, a Windows 8.1 tablet. Also, Tom Rodgers talked about the Scrubbing Bubbles Heat Map, which we finally have up and working. The heat map makes finding solid trades fast and easy.
The live meeting form Feb. 8th, 2015. Featured speaker was Tom Rodgers, talking about the new Scrubbing Bubbles template and system we have developed to simplify trading while remaining very profitable. This is the perfect setup for those just getting started in Forex or those who have struggled in the past to produce profits. Our best system to date.
Our live meeting from January, 2015. Featured speakers are Tom Rogers talking about the Golden Steer Template and method and a voice from the past, Frank, who is a successful trader. Again, the meeting is broken into two parts.
Our live meeting of December 7th, 2014. Featured Ricardo showing us his newest trading system that he is currently selling and Dick Schmidt talking about optimum trading times for the three daily trading sessions (Asia, London and New York). This meeting is in two videos.
Our live meeting from November 16th, 2014. Features Tom's 2 day a week investment plan, Dick's computer maintenance tips and Brandon's advanced SupDem indicator settings.
Our live meeting from October 12th, 2014 Features Tom, Dick and Larry.
Recording of our live meeting from Sept. 21st. We heard from Dick Schmidt, Tom Rogers, Brandon and others, including a one year trade report.
Risk Disclosure: NFA (National Future Association) Trading Spot/OTC Foreign currencies involves substantial risk and there is always the potential for loss. Your trading results may vary. Because the risk factor is high in Foreign exchange market trading, only genuine "risk" funds should be used in such trading. If you do not have the extra capital that you can afford to lose, you should not trade in the Foreign exchange markets. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the Forex markets. No "safe" trading system has ever been devised, and no one can guarantee profits or freedom from loss. Unique experiences and past performances do not guarantee future results! Nothing in our live presentations, training courses, website, or other materials shall be deemed a solicitation or an offer to Buy/Sell currencies in Spot/OTC Forex Markets. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed or presented in any manner. Also, the past performance of any trading methodology is not necessarily indicative of futures results. Foreign currencies trading involves high risk and you can lose a lot of money.
CFTC RULE 4.41 (CFTC = Commodities Futures Trading Commission): HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER OR OVER-COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN OR DISCUSSED HERE, TRAINING MATERIAL, PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL OR ANY RELATED SERVICES. OUR COURSES, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES SHOULD BE USED AS LEARNING AIDS ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE USED TO INVEST REAL MONEY. IF YOU DECIDE TO INVEST REAL MONEY, ALL TRADING DECISIONS SHOULD BE YOUR OWN AND ARE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
July 9, 2017: